Come Join Our Team! – Start a Clean Water Career
Beckley Sanitary Board, a leading Southern WV wastewater/stormwater utility, seeks to fill the following positions:
- Complete field inspections and asset condition evaluations.
- Collect GPS data for GIS mapping.
- Analyze data and review project plans.
- Visit planning sites and construction sites.
- Collect samples and prepare reports for permit compliance.
- Assist in wet weather storm response.
- Maintain professional correspondence with other staff and outside entities.
- Perform other duties as assigned, to fulfill organizational mission.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the US.
- Required to work outdoors, in hot or cold temperatures, and all varieties of weather.
- Required to work on uneven terrain, in thick vegetation, in and around flowing water.
- Required to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
Utility Technician: This position involves all aspects to support the operation, maintenance, repair and replacement of sanitary and storm systems. Job may also include vehicle, equipment and building maintenance tasks.
Preferred candidates will have experience with pipeline installation, the operation of heavy equipment machinery and have a valid commercial driver’s license. Minimum education is graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
Wastewater Operator in Training: This position assists in the operation and maintenance of all equipment and systems at the Piney Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP), associated wastewater lift stations, may work in the wastewater collection system, and shall perform other tasks, as necessary, relative to vehicle, equipment, and building maintenance. This position requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Wastewater Operator: This position operates and maintains all equipment and systems at Beckley Sanitary Board’s Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) and associated wastewater lift stations, and shall perform other tasks, as necessary, relative to vehicle, equipment, and building maintenance.
This position will have, at a minimum, one (1) year of previous relevant experience and/or other valuable skills with demonstrated competency. This position requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
As a condition of employment, all candidates must pass a criminal background investigation, drug test, physical exam, and meet the physical requirements of the position. Only qualified applicants will be considered for positions.
Applications are available at the Beckley Sanitary Board office, 301 South Heber Street, Beckley, WV between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org The Beckley Sanitary Board does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment.